Why Become a Member?
The National Museum of the Great Lakes is owned and operated by the Great Lakes Historical Society. Its mission is to preserve and make known the history of the Great Lakes. The museum fulfills this mission by: 1.) Operating the National Museum of the Great Lakes in Toledo, Ohio; 2.) Publishing our quarterly journal Inland Seas®; 3.) Conducting original underwater archaeology across the Great Lakes; 4.) Offering educational programs; and 5.) Conserving 20th century Great Lakes history with the Col. James M. Schoonmaker Museum Ship and the Museum Tug Ohio.
Your membership supports our mission and helps to keep Great Lakes history afloat for generations to come. We offer multiple levels of membership with varying degrees of support and benefits.
Join or Renew Online Today!
Museum Level Memberships include the following benefits:
- Unlimited admission to the museum
- Unlimited admission to Col. James M. Schoonmaker Museum Ship and Museum Tug Ohio (May-Oct)
- Chadburn print newsletter subscription
- 10% Museum Store discount
- Discount on museum fee-based programs
Inland Seas Level
Inland Seas Level Memberships also include the following benefits:
- All Museum Level Membership Benefits
- 1-year subscription to the Inland Seas® Journal
- Annual Great Lakes Calendar
Inland Seas Society Level
Inland Seas Society Level Memberships also include the following benefits:
- All Museum and Inland Seas Level Benefits
- CAMM reciprocal admission to participating museums (museum list here)
- 2 Museum guest passes annually
- Annual Inland Seas® recognition
You can also join or purchase gift memberships by contacting our membership office – 419-214-5000 x 204 or email@example.com.