Come join a fun, exciting, and dynamic work force at the National Museum of the Great Lakes. We will use this page to post open positions when they are available.
NEW – Education Assistant
Status: Part-Time, 10-20 hrs. per week
Salary: $15.00 / hour
Reports to: Education and Visitor Experience Director
Location: On-site at NMGL
The National Museum of the Great Lakes seeks an energetic and engaging part-time educator to assist with field trips and group tours. The individual will support the museum’s educational mission by delivering guided tours and educational programs. The ideal candidate should have previous experience in a formal or informal education setting, excellent oral and written communication skills, and an interest in history and STEAM education. The position will have a minimum number of hours assured each week, with additional hours depending on field trip and group tour bookings.
Position Purpose / Summary:
The Education Assistant Job directly supports the Education and Visitor Experience Director by facilitating field trips and group tours and supporting additional education and programming needs as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greets groups, organizes activities and provides supplemental information for field trips and group tours.
- Leads guided tours of the museum exhibits and historic lake freighter and tugboat, with customized tours for different audiences.
- Supports program development and bookings for field trips.
- Supports other museum programs and events as assigned.
Working Hours and Environment:
- Work hours will typically take place between 9:00 AM and 2:00 PM on weekdays, with occasional weekend and evening hours.
- Requires the ability to climb stairs and lead groups through our historic lake freighter and tugboat, working outdoors, even in inclement weather.
How to Apply:
Please email a cover letter, resume and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org by Mar 12, 2023. No phone calls.
Visitor Services Associates
We are looking for friendly, energetic and helpful people to join us as part-time Visitor Services Associates. Our Visitor Services Associates are our front-line staff and are responsible for helping to create a memorable visitor experience.
Under supervision, Visitor Services Associates greet visitors, sell admission and memberships, provide customer service and make sales in the museum store, answer phones, answer visitor questions, maintain museum cleanliness and help with other museum projects as required.
Previous customer service, retail or museum experience required. Previous cash handling experience required. High School Diploma or equivalency required.
The position is part-time, 7-15 hours/week, $11.00/hour. Weekend availability required. Some evening and holiday hours.
To apply, send a resume and two references to email@example.com