In 1905, a meeting was held in the machine shop of F.M. Underwood on Front Street in Toledo, Ohio, where a group of like-minded individuals met and formed the Toledo Power Boat Club (TPBC.) The Club would later be known as the Bay View Yacht Club (BVYC) of Toledo, Ohio.
The TPBC was one of the first powerboat clubs on the Great Lakes. In 1907, the TPBC leased a section of land from the City of Toledo to build a Clubhouse and Dockage, completing construction in 1911. Over the next decade, ideals shifted and the TBPC welcomed sailboats to join the Club. Thus, a name change was in order and they rebranded as the Bay View Yacht Club. Still on Front St. the club is north of the National Museum of the Great Lakes. This flag is the official burgee of BVYC.