2021 Luck of the Lakes Raffle
What’s YOUR Great Lakes Experience-of-a-Lifetime?
Multiple once-in-a-lifetime Great Lakes experiences. Luck of the Lakes Raffle Winners Drawn September 25, 2021
GRAND PRIZE: Brad Topovski
(Selected the 11-day Great Lakes cruise for 2 from from Chicago to Toronto (or reverse) onboard Victory Cruise Lines Victory I or Victory II)
RUNNER UP: Nick Kirby
(Won the Cleveland getaway with an exclusive invitation to participate in the christening and receive a behind-the-scenes tour of the M/V MARK W. BARKER)
THIRD PRIZE: Cary Cooper
(Received a day trip experience on the J.W. WESTCOTT)
* See below for additional prize details.
Every cent raised, helps keep Great Lakes history afloat!
Your raffle ticket purchase supports the Great Lakes Historical Society and its National Museum of the Great Lakes whose mission is to preserve and make known the history of our Great Lakes. Learn more about our mission and the Great Lakes Historical Society here.
Luck of the Lakes tickets can be purchased online until noon on Saturday, September 25, 2021. The drawing is held the evening of Saturday, September 25, 2021 at our H2Oh! Gala. Additional tickets may be sold during the Gala to H2Oh! guests. You do not need to be present to win. Click here for additional raffle rules and regulations.
Complete Prize Packages:
11-day Victory Cruise Lines Great Lakes Cruise:
- Includes 1-night pre-voyage overnight accommodations for 2.
- The winner has the option to select an 11-day Great Lakes cruise from Chicago to Toronto OR from Toronto to Chicago any time during the 2022 Great Lakes cruising season (based on stateroom availability). The cruise must be booked before the end of 2021.
- While aboard, cruise passengers are provided all meals, evening entertainment, shore excursions, afternoon tea service, daily cocktail hour, Complimentary non-premium beer, wine, spirits, tea, coffee, filtered water, soft drinks, and more.
Weekend getaway to take part in the Christening of the M/V Mark W. Barker
- Includes 3 nights accommodations in a Cleveland-area hotel for 2 individuals, an exclusive invitation to the Ship Christening and reception, and a behind-the-scenes tour of the new vessel.
- Weekend getaway and Christening event will take place in the Spring of 2022 with the exact time and details still to be determined.
- At least 2 breakfasts, lunches, and dinners will be paid for along with additional tickets to at least one other Cleveland-area attraction. (Locations will be announced before drawing).
J. W. Westcott Day Trip
- Includes a day trip for up to 4 individuals on board the mailboat J.W. Westcott—delivering mail, pizza, flowers, and anything else needed to freighters on the Detroit River.
- Trip must be taken during the 2022 season.
2021 Previous Purchasers Raffle Winners
Selected June 16, 2021
First Prize Winner: John McFerren
A private plane ride for 4 to Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin for a behind-the-scenes tour and viewing of the launch (in preparation for a Spring 2022 Christening) of the M/V Mark W. Barker—the first new U.S. Great Lakes bulk carrier built on the Great Lakes in over 35 years.
Second Prize Winner: Hannah Hilbert
4 tickets to attend the launch of the M/V Mark W. Barker.
Third Prize Winner: Randy Strauss & Janet West
10 additional Luck of the Lakes raffle tickets.
PREVIOUS PURCHASER RAFFLE
The Previous Purchasers Raffle is held every year as a thank you to everyone who has supported our Luck of the Lakes raffle in the past. Each year we offer to our previous supporters the chance to purchase their Luck of the Lake Raffle tickets early and be entered into an exclusive raffle with additional prizes. If you support our 2021 Luck of the Lakes raffle this year, you will be invited to participate in the previous purchaser’s raffle next year.